Among several beliefs I hold are:
 
1. "Forget what you believe and believe what you see".
 
2. "The market will do all it can to make you wrong".
 
3. "Until the market is ready to reflect your interpretation of the fundamentals, stand aside".
 
4. "If you torture the data enough, it is sure to confess".
 
5. "When 95% of traders panic, the other 5% get richer".
 
6. "Treat the market as your friend. Don't take from the market...just accept what it offers; losses as well as   profits".
 
7. "Markets must be permitted to breathe so don't stare at the screen".
 
"The most important thing to learn in trading commodity futures markets or any market for that matter, is not how to make money but how to protect one's capital. The first will come after the second is mastered"
ANALYSIS: TECHNICAL VS FUNDAMENTAL
GANN
ELLIOTT